Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Biscuits and Gravy


For those of you who have been with me on this blog from the beginning, will remember my post about the best homemade biscuits ever. I love making biscuits and gravy for breakfast on cold autumn mornings like this one. So I used the biscuit recipe and this gravy recipe given to me from a dear friend:
1/2 pound Jimmy Dean Regular ground sausage
1/3 cup flour
Salt about a tsp.
Pepper about a tsp.
1 Quart (4 cups) milk
Brown sausage in pan. Add flour, pepper and salt and stir for a few minutes until combined. Then add milk stirring until it is thick and bubbly.
So Yummy! Plan on hanging out in the kitchen for about 30-45 minutes when preparing this breakfast. (Great time to catch up on a good conversation with your kids, and help them make their lunches for school!)

I like to use cookie cutters for my biscuits for whatever season it is or upcomming holiday.

No comments: